No products in the cart.
2004-2017 Volvo VNL/VT/VNX Bi-Xenon (HID) Headlamp Kit v4.0 with DEPO Housings
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
This kit INCLUDES DEPO brand housings.
This new kit is designed to replace failing headlamps on second-generation (2004-2017) Volvo VNL and VT series trucks. Here’s what’s new in version 4.0:
- All-metal die-cast projector housings,
- A larger glass lens, mounted in a more compact metal holder,
- Cast high beam shutter with more powerful solenoid actuator,
- Made-in-USA wiring harness with easy-to-read labels,
- Uses D2S bulbs, with replacements available at any auto parts store,
- Improved bracket design, with more compact external dimensions to make installation easier, and
- Improved optics for even better light output!
- INCLUDES BRAND NEW DEPO LIGHT HOUSINGS
What’s wrong with the lights that came on the truck?
The OEM Volvo lights are prone to weathering, going from a clear outer cover to a milky yellow with age and exposure. This problem is visibly apparent from outside of a truck. More importantly, and hidden from view, is the deterioration of the reflector surface that significantly reduces the light output from the low beam projectors. And with only 18AWG wire to the lights, in most cases you’ll only see about 10.5V at the stock bulb–resulting in brightness 33% lower than under test conditions. Stack up a dim bulb, pitted projector, and a hazy, oxidized lens, and it’s no wonder it can be difficult to see at night.
What about other kits out there that don’t cost nearly as much?
Many HID retrofit kits use generic components, matching only a bulb base. Others include wiring harnesses that just adapt from one bulb type to another. Included ballasts are often of poor quality, and have trouble starting quickly, restarting hot bulbs, or have slight flickers that can be bothersome. They’re the type of kits that NHTSA has ruled can’t be made to meet the performance requirements in FMVSS Standard 108. This kit is different.
You may also know that these Volvo trucks have a lighting control module (LCM), which detects faults in the lighting circuit. In the event a failed bulb is detected, the fault is recorded and a message appears on the Driver Information Display. If the LCM detects a load that is too high, the LCM shuts off power to that circuit. This kit, specific for these trucks, is designed with this system in mind. When this kit is installed according to the included instructions, you won’t see any error messages for the lighting system–whether you’re using the low beams, high beams, or flash-to-pass functions. The kit doesn’t attempt to defeat the LCM though. If you should have bulb or ballast failure, the LCM will still be able to let you know. No trip to the dealer, and no programming changes.
This is the same standalone kit we’re known for, pre-installed in a pair of brand-new headlight housings.
This is the first and only kit to provide a high-quality easy-to-install headlamp system designed to meet FMVSS 108’s performance requirements. Click here to check out a video review/installation demo.
- 2 Bi-Xenon Projector Assemblies, with VNL/VT/VNX mounting brackets for DEPO housings.
- 2 35W Ballasts, Igniters, and Velcro Mounting Pads
- 2 Morimoto XB35 4500K Xenon Bulb Capsules
- 2 New DEPO light housings with kit pre-installed
- Printed installation instructions
Installation time: Less than 30 minutes for both sides.
Tools required: 10mm wrench
E6 External Torx Socket for adjusting aim (same as your original headlights)
- All second-generation (2004+) VNL series Volvo trucks (VNL300, VNL430, VNL630 VNL670, VNL730, VNL780) with DEPO housings
- All VT and VNX series Volvo trucks (VNX300, VT800, VT830, VT880) with DEPO housings
Availability:Now available, normally ships within 1 week.
|Dimensions||30 × 21 × 17 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.