Upgrade the lights on your Freightliner Columbia the right way!
What’s wrong with the lights that came on the truck?
The OEM Freightliner Columbia lights are prone to weathering, going from a clear outer cover to a milky yellow with age and exposure. This problem is visibly apparent from outside of a truck. The lights themselves date to the late 1990s–and their output, especially with age, leaves a lot to be desired.
What about other kits out there that don’t cost nearly as much?
Many HID retrofit kits use generic components, matching only a bulb base. Others include wiring harnesses that just adapt from one bulb type to another. Included ballasts are often of poor quality, and have trouble starting quickly, restarting hot bulbs, or have slight flickers that can be bothersome. They’re the type of kits that NHTSA has ruled can’t be made to meet the performance requirements in FMVSS Standard 108. This kit is different.
The kit is designed to replace the entire headlamp assemblies, and everything you need is already installed on the new housings. No baking, cutting, drilling, or gluing! The benefit here is that for some reason you’re not happy with the kit, it’s just as easy to undo and go back to stock, and since we’re not putting any new holes in the headlamp assembly you’re not at risk of any leaks where dust or water might enter.
This is the first and only kit to provide a high-quality easy-to-install headlamp system designed to meet FMVSS 108’s performance requirements for your Freightliner Columbia.
- 2 Morimoto Bi-Xenon Projector Assemblies, installed into brand new OE-style projector headlamp housings. Includes all wiring, connects to truck using the connectors on your existing headlamps.
- 2 Morimoto XB Ballasts and ingitors, mounted entirely inside headlight housing
- 2 Morimoto XB D2S Xenon Bulb Capsules
- 2 Osram H7 halogen high beam bulbs to supplement the Bi-Xenon high beams.
- Printed installation instructions
Installation time: Less than 30 minutes for both sides.
Installation instructions: Coming soon.
- All Freightliner Columbia trucks
Availability: Now shipping. (Ships within 2-3 days of ordering)